The Old Stomping Ground

This last week has been a whirlwind and it has dropped me back in Madtown, also known as my own stomping ground. There is something about riding where you grew up that is very relaxing.

After the race, I flew back to Clermont on Tuesday with my cankles...I seriously looked like I had clubbed-feet. I hung out with a few friends on Wednesday night and then shoved off in the 'soccar-mom mini van' early(3:45am) Thursday morning. My original plan was drive for about 12 hours and then stay the night somewhere in TN or KY, but at the 12 mark I was in a zone and decided that I could make it one straight shot.

After a little construction and a "short cut" that wasn't so short, I arrived a little over 20hrs later in Madtown.

I have slowly been getting back into things, but recovery is just starting to come around. Plane rides across the country and 20hr road trips are not condusive to reducing foot inflamation.

This morning I recarpeted my parents screen porch...a simple task that is not all that simple. :) I was proud of it when I finally finished. I then got out for a nice ride in some gusty winds.

Here is what physical activity I have done over the last week.

Monday - OFF

Tuesday - OFF

Wednesday - Spin 20min

Thursday - Spin 30min

Friday - OFF

Saturday - Spin 1:20

Sunday - Easy run 33 min , Ride 2:35

Over the next week I will get rolling again with all zone 1 and zone 2 stuff. I will error on the side of recovery.

I hope everyone is doing well. Thank you for all of the words of encouragement after AZ...9 weeks to redemption time in Idaho!

More to come soon...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using A Swim Test Within Your Training

Valuing Your Time & Reach

2019 Ironman Wisconsin