Last Minute Changes In NOLA

Well it's official, the swim has been cancelled at the Ironman 70.3 New Orleans.  In place of the swim, they have decided to hold a 2mile run.  In addition to that substitution, they have also had to shorten the bike to 52 miles because of debris on the road. Then second run course is now a 2 loop, double out and back course.

To be honest I don't mind the changes.  All 3 disciplines have been going well for me and it would have been nice to have a few minutes on the slower swimmers, but I am confident that my combined bike and run fitness is as strong as anyone racing tomorrow.  I have made some big gains in the last 4 months and am looking forward to laying down.

The only x-factor is the wind, 40mph and gusty is no joke and with all guys likely to be getting on the bike within a minute or so, safety will need to be number 1.

I also want to pass along a best of luck to Patrick and Brandon, the other BBMC'ers out there racing!

Race report to follow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using A Swim Test Within Your Training

Valuing Your Time & Reach

Ironman Texas Recap & Images