Another Week and More Progress...

So I am posting another training blog this week. Pretty typical of a triathlete I guess ;) But I am continuing to put 90% of my energy into other areas of my life when not training and it is paying off huge. The mental and physical energy and motivation has never been higher.

This last week has shown more great things that support the importance of being fresh and rested. I have integrated some strength work back into my program, so I had a bit of muscle soreness that limited me, but overall things are going great.


Here are the highlights of the last week.

Thursday TT, I finished 2nd overall again with a pretty good field showing up. 10.5mile course covered in 21:13, power for the ride was 355w. This was pretty good since I lifted the day before. The route was almost dead flat, some wind, no a lot. Weight is 163/164 right now. No going to go any lower if I can help it.

Saturday 5k. For the first time I strung together 2 sub 5min miles...went through the 2mile mark in 9:58, then proceeded to blow on the hills in the last mile, but still finished 5th, 20sec back from second...had to go for it out there.

Saturday LCM swim. Mainset of 5x400 on 5:30...held 1:15/:17's for all of these pulling with paddles. With each one, I swam the first 100 harder, coming in at around 1:07. This is a good 7-8seconds faster per 100 than I was swimming last year at my best.

Sunday long ride - Just missed holding 300w for 3hrs. I averaged 296w for 3:00 of riding, with total ride ending up be 3:30 at 289w. HR was z2-z3 except for the hills on this ride. Very good progress here.


This week I am racing a Thursday Night TT again, as well as a local sprint triathlon on Sunday. I am going to give myself 2 days easy after the thursday TT, so see if I can string together a very solid <60min of SBRing.

More to come!

BB

Comments

KP said…
You sound real good, Blake! Keep it rollin' ...

Popular posts from this blog

Using A Swim Test Within Your Training

Valuing Your Time & Reach

2019 Ironman Wisconsin