Boxing Day and Banalla

Lately, two posts in one week is pretty rare for me...but I thought I need to get better at giving updates.

The last week was a good one, both in terms of having a good holiday and getting the training rolling. After a Christmas celebration with Chris' family (which was great), we set out on a long ride the next morning (Boxing Day). Despite feeling a bit ill (from the day before) it ended up being a beautiful ride up to the mountain top town of Falls Creek. Before the day was done, we had 170+ km in the legs (30 km of which were climbing) and well over 6hrs in the saddle.

The following day, we decided to head over to the small town of Banalla, for a sprint race that started at 5pm. It is a bit weird to be getting ready for a triathlon at 3pm, but I rolled with it. There was quite a bit of fatigue in the legs, but I still ended up having a pretty good race!

Today we recovered a bit with our new favorite card game of Uno and planned out NYE Day ride and festivities. Should be another fantastic week in Albury. The time is flying and before I know it, I will be in New Zealand (Jan 13th).

I hope everyone had a great holiday and has a safe new year!

Cheers,
BB

Comments

Kurt P. said…
so much for easing back into it eh?

Popular posts from this blog

Ironman 70.3 Choo Choo

2025 FREE Fall Run Program

Ironman Texas Recap & Images