Epic?????

Well, the two week 'recovery' period following IMAZ is over and even though I cycled quite a bit in the last 8 days, I feel good physically and 'nice n hungry mentally.

Ended last week with two solid rides:

Friday included:

60min 3500yd swim with a solid mainset of 400s 90% effort on 5:20(4:48), 200 easy, 600 70% effort(7:40), 200 easy, 400 90% effort(4:49), 200 easy, 500 TT (5:45). I was really happy with the 5:$5 b/c the truth was that I was not feeling that great in the water and still pulled off a good time.

3:50 ride, solid on all climbs, 120km total with ALOT of climbing.

Run of 52min and 11 km in the evening.

Saturday was easy with a 48min 10k run in the morning before heading up north for some pre-wedding festivities with a good friend from college.

I got back just in time on Sunday to head out(quite tired) for a 3:32 ride, I rode the ups at HIM effort and steady on the flats. Really windy. 113km total.

+++++++++++++++

This week marks the start of a two week Epic training block where I will hopefully hit a few numbers that I have not seen in about a year. I will then rest for a few days before Ford Ironman Florida 70.3 on May 17. I will keep you posted on how things are rolling along.

Cheers,
BB

Comments

sentania said…
Hope training goes well for you. Looking forward to racing you at Rockman.

Popular posts from this blog

Using A Swim Test Within Your Training

Valuing Your Time & Reach

2019 Ironman Wisconsin