2012 Full Steam Ahead

It's that time of year again where it's time to think about what transpired over the last 12 months and what we would like to do better in the next 12.  No doubt that we could all write a book about both the things that we have succeeded at, as well as those things that we deemed to be failures. Without getting caught up in the details of them all, a few things are clear; they have all lead us to be where we are right now, everything will have happened for a reason and we have to be thankful for our health and the opportunity to do what we do.

On the racing side of things (as I recapped in my last post) things were not stellar for me.  I was fit, but I was over worked...literally and as a result, never had that sharpness that I needed.  On the business side, things could not have gone much better. I have directly impacted dozens of lives in a positive way and helped them to realize things within themselves.  Not a bad business to be in.

While many can give advice on what I should have done and should do. I needed to have both of those pieces of my life running smoothly on all cylinders.  That's how I work, I don't half ass anything.  Sometimes this wears me thin, but in the end, it all comes together. So for those of you who are in the same boat, or for those of you who are struggling to find direction, keep the faith and believe.  Success is sometimes just sticking around longer than everyone else.

Now reflection is done and it's time to come up with a committed plan and vision for the next year.

Coaching: I have finally come to a place where I am OK with giving up the decision making reigns when it comes to coaching.  If you ask my past coaches, I am sure they will tell you that this was my number one pitfall.  Time to correct this and let someone else do the thinking for me. Thank you to Cliff English for taking me on and investing in me, as an athlete.

Racing: It's all about racing well, racing consistently and of course, Ironman Wisconsin.  This year is 11 years in the making. It's not going to be easy, but it's going to be done.

Balance: Race hard, work hard, what's missing?  Time to get away.  I will also make clear dedicated time away from the above.  Time that will be spent for myself, to enjoy and better my life.   Like my mom has always reminded me, "when the universe is in balance, success is inevitable."


Stay tuned for a new website dedicated to BBMC, a 2012 race schedule and more exciting happenings in my life.  Thanks for reading, I hope all of you have a great Holiday Season and a Happy New Year!  I will catch you next year!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using A Swim Test Within Your Training

Ironman Texas Recap & Images

2019 Ironman Wisconsin