Memphis, Speed Concept, FInal Build & New Site

The last few months have been great in the triathlon department of life, so let me catch you up on things.

Memphis -

Two weeks ago I raced Memphis In May down in TN. I had a lot of training going into the race, but no "tests(races)," so I was unsure how things would go. A long story short, it went well. I finished 4th overall, just seconds off the podium, in a race that I played extremely conservative because of 100* temperatures. I swam strong in the non-wetsuit 1500m swim, rode tempo pace for the 38.5k ride and ran the best I could in the heat.

This was a very solid start to the year and it was also great to catch-up with all my friends who flew in for the race!

Speed Concept -

I have been on the new Trek Speed Concept for about 6 weeks now and the bike is nothing short of amazing. It truly is the fastest bike available with a cross wind and without. In addition to being fast, it is also pretty fun to look at. ;) There are no exposed cables, brakes or anything else that creates extra drag. You can check out the bike here and can also see the commercial that we filmed out in the salt flats of Utah.

Final Coeur d'Alene Build -

My build is almost done for the race and things couldn't have gone better. Last year I saw a number of changes in my body's ability to handle training and perform on race day over the Ironman distance and this year is more of the same...I'll leave it at that! ;) I am ready to get out there and race against a very strong field in 3 weeks.

New Site -

Stay tuned and check back in a week or so. There are some very exciting changes coming, including a public forum which will be free for all.

Have a great weekend and I'll post again when I get closer to my taper!

BB


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using A Swim Test Within Your Training

Valuing Your Time & Reach

Ironman Texas Recap & Images