Full Speed Ahead....


Lots has happened in the last month and I am happy to say that I am rolling full speed ahead again and loving every minute of it.


-


To catch you up, I got back from winter training and was a little burned from 15 months of beating the horse. I decided to take 2 weeks off to see how my body reacted....I was still tired. So instead of forcing things, I backed off and trained how I felt for the next 6 weeks. I put in some good sessions, but didn't touch 20hrs once in that period. This is the first time I have done this in 8 years racing and it ended up being the best thing I could have done.


-


I was in the area and decided to race down at the California Ironman 70.3 a few weeks ago after crashing a week out from the race. The swim went well for me, I lead the second back out of the water without any trouble. Now I just need to make the move up to that front back at the 70.3 distance. Ride was comfortable, I knew I didn't have the fitness to go with the guys that were bridging up to the front, so I just enjoyed the day. The run was another story, didn't have the legs...but then again I didn't have any expectations.


-


After the race, I took a week to build back into things and am now rolling along very well. I am finishing up a big aerobic overload block where I will touch on 20k in the pool, 20hrs on the bike and 120km on the run trails. I will finish this block up this weekend and then take 4 days of almost no training to absorb all of the work. Remember that it doesn't matter how much work that you are doing, if your body cannot handle it.




+++++++++++




So that is training. On the coaching, clinic, camp front I have a lot of info to share. Below I have posted some photos of my first tri clinic this year. We didn't do too bad with 22 people showing up. If you are in the area for the talks, swing by, I would love to chat. You can visit www.trekstoremadison.com for more details....oh yeah, they are free, there is lots of food and tons of swag as well!

-

Thank you to Gary Geiger for these photos. You can check out his stuff at http://www.geigerphoto.com/



-

-
If you are still interested in coaching for the upcoming season, I have picked up a few more coaching clients and now only have 2 slots left. If you are interested in working together, please drop me a line!

-

I have all the details worked out for my 2009 Ironman Training Camp which will take place from July 24th - July 26th here in Madison. If you would like more information, please let me know. The event is geared toward anyone racing a late season Ironman, from Canada to Arizona. I also have a few athletes coming that are not racing IM this year, but planning on it in the future. There will be just as much information shared, as there will be training. The abilities of the athletes are ranging from <10 to 16hrs
-
That is about it for now, I hope you are all starting to think about the upcoming season! It is sneaking up on us!
BB




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using A Swim Test Within Your Training

Valuing Your Time & Reach

Ironman Texas Recap & Images