Hitting the Reset Button

After a 34+ hour trip back home, getting charged $900 in airline change fees and setting off the explosives alarm at LAX when being searched at security, I made it back to the Wisconsin Meat Locker.

The cold was a bit of a shock when I arrived in the Twin Cities this last week. I was greeted by frost coating the jetway walls as I exited the plane. It wasn't a surprise, the outside temp was -1* F. Minus the cold (haha) and sleep, I have had a fantastic week back with friends.
-
I have decided to take 2 weeks off and a few more weeks easy before starting to train hard again. I have done A LOT of work in the last 15 months, with no more than 4 consecutive days off. In addition, I haven't taken more than 7 consecutive days off in over 3 years. So to say a break was needed is an understatement. During this break, I will also be getting some testing and blood work done to get a baseline of where I am at and what I need to do in order to accomplish my goals in the coming year.
-
This may mean that my North America season could start a bit later than previously planned, but I am ok with it. I know that when I come back, I will have that little bit more to take my fitness to another level. I already have that itch to come back , but I am resisting and practicing what I preach. I have to step back, before I can step up.

-

On another note, I have 1 coaching vacancy for the coming season. If you would like more information, drop me a line. Ironman Camp updates will be coming later this month, as well as one on one training opportunities.

Happy Super Bowl Sunday!

BB

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using A Swim Test Within Your Training

Valuing Your Time & Reach

2019 Ironman Wisconsin