An Early End

Hey All,

I hope that everyone is enjoying the last few warm fall days before all the leaves are gone and the snow starts to fly.

Unfortunately, I have some bad news to report. About two weeks ago I had a bit of pain that came on toward the end of a big training day. I did not think much of it at the time, but after a few days of things not getting better, I decided to see the doc. A bone scan revealed that I had developed a stress fracture in the head of my 3rd metatarsal on my left foot. As a result I will be forced to withdraw from Ironman Florida and start my off season early.

When I first got the news, I was pretty bummed out. My fitness was getting better and I had figured a few things out at IMWI that I was looking forward to applying down in FL.

However, maybe this short break will give my body a chance to absorb this last season a little bit better. Everyone needs a short break at the end of each season and I have a hard time taking one, unless I am forced to. In looking at the big picture, this could end up being a very good thing for me.

Over the next week or two, I will be putting together my plans for 2008. When I get everything finalized, I will send out another update.

On another note, congrat's to everyone that raced in Kona this weekend! It was one of the most exciting races that I have watched.

Stay happy and healthy,

BB

Comments

sentania said…
Sorry to hear your season ended on a down note.

Take some good downtime and use the fuel you left in the tank as a strong motivator next season!

Popular posts from this blog

Using A Swim Test Within Your Training

Valuing Your Time & Reach

Ironman Texas Recap & Images