Mar 31 - Travel

Saturday Mar 31

Ahhh the airport...I am writing this blog from the Orlando Airport Terminal, I have about an hour until my flight leaves. Note to self, hang out in the Continental Gate, the internet is free. I don't know if it is at everywhere, but I hope that I have it in Houston, which is where my lay-over is, because I would like to follow the race out in Cali via the net.

I am excited to head to San Diego for a few reasons. First, I have never been there. It is the 'other' triathlon mecca, the other being Boulder. I don't think that I will get a chance to see much when I am there, but I am anxious to go either way.

Secondly, I am looking forward to team camp. Once a season, the entire Timex Team has a camp somewhere around the country. This year the camp is at the awesome palisades Resort in S.D. We get a chance to get to know everyone on the team, a chance to met representatives from all of our sponsors for the year, as well as time to just relax.

Having "a team" is really something that I wanted the season. Most of the time I go to races alone and have to find ways to kill the time. There is also the stress of getting your bike ready to race, as well as making sure everything is ready to go. Now, I have the Timex Team Truck and the entire support crew that comes with it; mechanic, team manager, other reps, etc...not to mention the other athletes. I do relax most of race week, but the area acts as a central support station where I can spend some time and is also a place where I will know others.

Before I board, I also want to send a huge Thank You to Graham and Stacy. They are the couple that I have stayed with for the past two winters, here in Clermont. They open up their house to me as though it was my own...I was joking with Stacy this morning(she drove me after getting almost no sleep lastnight) that I feel like one of the family. They are some of the most giving and hospitable people that I have met and I will prepay them down the road for all that they have done.

If you are reading guys, the first way will be a trip to the new sushi bar and Benchwarmers, when I get back. I will be buying the saki and beer, despite winning the NCAA Bracket that we decided to do as a part of the yacht Club Tourney. :)

Alright, I will check in once I get settled out west. See you all soon!

BB

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using A Swim Test Within Your Training

Valuing Your Time & Reach

2019 Ironman Wisconsin