Training Update

Photo From my recent triathlon seminar series ->


I am now entering into my 7th year racing triathlons and this will be my first full season racing as an elite. The past year was a big learning experience, as I mentioned in my last blog. I trained in new places and though I was focused on training and racing, I was also focused on some of the new places and people that I was meeting. THIS_YEAR_IS_DIFFERENT.

I am focused, driven and motivated to get to that next level that I know is right around the corner. The fire seems to be burning brighter this year. Though my training volume may seem low, everything that I am doing is focused on building leg/hip flexor strength. I am about halfway through a thorough strength program that is paying off huge. I have weekly iso-leg trainer rides, hill work and plyometric sessions.

I will continue this through the end of Jan and then start with solid volume (30+ hrs) for about 6 weeks before completing an aerobic over load block before IMAZ.

I will post an announcement soon on my new 2007 sponsors, as well as my race schedule. As of now, my IM's will be IMAZ, IMWI and either Kona or IMFL.

I hope 2007 is off to a great start for everyone.

Here is another hint as to who I may be hooking up with for 2007 (The pic is from the recent triathlon seminar series that I held in Madison, WI...check out the logo on the hats) A special thanks to Trek Bikes, Fleet Feet Madison, Timex and Blue Seventy for donations and support!

BB

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using A Swim Test Within Your Training

Valuing Your Time & Reach

2019 Ironman Wisconsin