Buzzing Into The New Year!




Buzzing Into The New Year!
January 12, 2007

http://www.blakebecker.com/

I hope that everyone had a great holiday season and that everyone is doing well only two weeks into the New Year! I can’t believe that it is time to start ramping things up for 2007. I took a good 4 weeks of down time after IMFL and didn’t do much related to triathlon, this was the first time that I have taken that kind of a mental/physical break in almost 3 years! All I have to say is that after that month off, you are hungry to jump back into things.

What’s with the ticking sound you ask????


I’ll tell you what the ticking sound is; I have joined the 2007 Timex Team as a professional and I couldn’t be more excited. I have missed the team atmosphere in the past and the support that comes along with it (except for some great training partners). Well, no more. Thanks to Timex, I will join up with some of the best triathletes in the sport and train on the best equipment out there. Check out their site at http://www.timex.com/.

Who else am I with for the season? You could look at the logos above, but it is more exciting to tell you. I will be back in Madison for the 2007 season and have teamed up with The Trek Bicycle Store (http://www.trekstoremadison.com/) In return for their support, I will holding monthly clinics, leading group rides and will be a consultant to anyone that needs triathlon related help. The staff is friendly and their store represents something that I would like to be apart of into the future.

Blue Seventy Wetsuits (http://www.blueseventy.com/) have been great this winter in supporting my clinics and as things will work out, I will stay with them into the future. I am very excited for this since they have the only wetsuits that fit me correctly. In addition to their wetsuits, their goggles last forever and can be used in both the pool and the open water. Check ‘em out….

What is the plan?

I have been working 50+ hours per week at a local restaurant and training about 20 hours per week in addition to my seminars and coach…this makes for a pretty busy schedule. The plan is to continue working full-time to the end of January before I head back down to Clermont, FL for 8 weeks before Ironman Arizona. After IMAZ, I will move back to my hometown of Madison for the year.

As of right now I will race Ironman Arizona on April 15, after a short break I will race a few long distance races as well as 70.3 races, before Ironman Wisconsin and either Hawaii or Ironman Florida again in the fall. Stay tuned for a more detailed race schedule!

I hope that everyone has a great first month of the year and I will check in again soon. You can also stay updated on my training and racing by going to http://www.triathletemag.com/ and clicking on Blogs in the left-hand column.

More to come,

BB

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using A Swim Test Within Your Training

Ironman Texas Recap & Images

2019 Ironman Wisconsin