This was my 4th time racing in the city of Chattanooga and probably the most thankful I have been to be on a start-line. The night before was filled with severe storms that made all of us seriously doubt whether they would even have a race. Somehow, it didn't even rain on race day! This was the second race of the season and my coach, Cliff English and I definitely had a plan of attack on this one. It was important to do a few things differently this time around. We had a goal to go under 4hrs on the course, but to try to do it while also gathering some data, learning a bit about a few athletes who I'll race again later in the season and seeing how the body handled certain efforts. THE SWIM There was probably 2" of rain that fell the night before the race and even though they shut the dam off a few hours before the start, the water was still flowing quite quickly which made for some very slow swimming to the first turn buoy (350m upstream). I started in my usual sp...
2nd Annual FREE Fall Run Program Team BBMC is excited to again offer our FREE run program to the public. Fall is the perfect season to run and our program is the ideal way to make the most of it. You'll have a coach who provides workouts, helps with your form, pushes you, and answers your questions. Plus, you'll run with a great group of people in a positive environment to hold you accountable—what's not to love? Our program stands out because like most of our public offerings, it's completely FREE. We also offer a variety of training sessions and a few timed 5K events for those who aren't racing but want a goal to work towards. We will have runners training for our 5k event that is a part of the program, the Madison Half Marathon, California International Marathon and more. Check out the details below to learn more and see how it all works. WHAT ARE THE PROGRAM DATES ? The program runs from the week of September 22nd through the week of - November 3rd. WHEN HELD,...
Ironman Texas North American Championship 8:28:17 23rd Professional How it looks and feels to persevere through a day of racing by yourself when you are at less than your best and still come away with a new personal best time! This was my first time racing at Ironman Texas. A great venue and nearly perfect conditions greeted us on race morning. 60* air temp, 73* water temp (non wetsuit for Professionals) an d calm winds. A unique aspect of this swim is that the last 1/3 or so is swam up a canal. This gives spectators a front row seat to all the action and the opportunity to follow their athlete! Swim fitness was great coming in to the race but unfortunately I wasn't able to have a good performance in the water. I exited the water 5 minutes back of my usual pack. I was one of the few who was all alone on the bike course. I had to use most of the tricks in my bag to stay focused and engaged. I did a pretty good job and came i...
Comments