1 Week To Go...

I haven't posted in a while, mainly due to the fact that I have been extremely busy with coaching, training and life.  All is rolling along very well.  Instead of posting my training, I'll just write a summary for everyone.

I had been seeing PR's in the pool regularly over the last month, but they hadn't yet come through on the bike and run....UNTIL this last weekend.  2 weeks out I typically put in a 4ish hr ride with a 2hr TT at the end.  This is a good session when I can really gauge where I am at.  Let's just say that I was pleasantly surprised.  2hrs later, I had put out a 5+ watt  PR, as well as PR'd (by time) the IMWI loop by a good 2minutes in training.  The next day, a bit tired, I got out on the run found the same thing... a season best long run of 1:45 which I finished with several uphill miles at 6min pace at zone 3 HR.

Now I have started to rest and training is a bit hit or miss, but on a general level, the body is getting stronger and stronger as the days have gone by.  Now just one more mod-long ride today and some tempo work this weekend and it's go time.

I am looking forward to getting out to a place that I love, FINALLY getting to "race" this season, getting to see Carly after a 4 week break and assessing where I am at before I get set for a very busy second half of the season and the all important IMWI.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using A Swim Test Within Your Training

Ironman Texas Recap & Images

2019 Ironman Wisconsin