Week ending 9 Weeks Out

I get a fair amount of emails and Facebook messages asking about my own training. I am transparent with most things in my life, so I thought I would shed some light what I do as I work toward winning my first Ironman. First attempt will be on June 26th in Coeur d'Alene. The goal will be to update a few times each week.

Up to this point, I have had some great training blocks, followed by hard rest.  This is the first time I have done this, but I came away with great results.  

Swim - Since the beginning of the year, I have been swimming hard with a great group from the University of Wisconsin - Madison. The result has been an increase in both my top end and steady state paces. This is exactly what I need to do in the water, so I am in good position to take control on the bike.

Bike - Things came back quickly.  I have already been riding very similar times to what I had been putting out pre-IMWI 2010.

Run- Very strong this year.  Some due to training and some has to do with maturity in the sport.  A little side note that this will be my 10th year in triathlon.


++++++

Week Ending 9 weeks out:

I was quite sick for about a week, so I had to ease into this week. 

Wed- Fri:

General zone 2 aerobic sessions with pick-ups to get back into the swing of things.  about 8hrs of training over the 3 days.

Saturday: 5.5hr ride with 7400ft of climbing BRO for this ride.  Felt solid throughout, but held back a bit because of sickness. NP for this ride was 252w.  Looking for a non-structured strength focused workout today.  Easy run off the bike.

Sunday: 20miles through rolling terrain.  Split 1:05, 1:03. This is a good fitness marker workout for me.  When I start to get fit, the times will drop a few minutes overall.



Hope everyone is having a great week!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using A Swim Test Within Your Training

Valuing Your Time & Reach

2019 Ironman Wisconsin