Elkhart Lake & Now The Taper!

This last weekend I raced a very well run local triathlon as one of my last training sessions before I race Ironman Coeur d'Alene. I went into the race on about 48hrs of easy training after a huge day training on Wednesday. This is very similar to how I raced Memphis last month and it seemed to work well. This time I only gave myself 2 days easy compared to 3 for that race, so there was a little experimentation going on. Needless to say, everything went very well and results can be found here. Things are progressing well and I am ready to race the big boys in 2 weeks.

Now that I am into the taper, the rules are simple. Eat a lot, sleep a lot and complete all sessions at about 90% of what I think I need to do. I feel like I am rested now, which is exactly where I want to be. Trust the training, feed on the rest and get psyched to rock n roll.

In the mean time I will be posting developments on new coaching programs, a forum that is now up on my website here, and a new website that will be launched shortly. I will also give details on a big event happening this coming July at the Trek Store West, here in Madison.

So that's all for now...nap time!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using A Swim Test Within Your Training

Valuing Your Time & Reach

Ironman Texas Recap & Images