Off and running...(not skipping)

Well, another week of training has gone by down here in Clermont and everything is coming together pretty well. Here are some highlights of the past week:


***On Wednesday I rode with Joanna Zeiger and had a blast. Hopefully we'll do it again this summer, when I get to Boulder.


***Earlier in the week Justin and I had our run workouts at the NTC. I just worked out that we were there at the same time as a few local cheer/dance teams who were doing their thing on the track to the tune of "YMCA." After my workout of an hour of aerobic running, I came back to the track and asked how Justin's skipping and sprinting drills had gone, he said that the sprinting went well and that he couldn't bring himself to skip in front of the little girls. I told him that they would have loved it...if those girls had seen an elite athlete skipping around the track, he would have been the coolest runner that any of them had ever seen. In fact, they may have even come out to join him! Oh well, I'll have to take up the skipping duty next time out, my kindergarten class gave me plenty of practice.


***On Thursday I was out running in the orange groves again, this time alone with some tunes playing in the iPod. It was fairly warm and about 4miles in, I looked ahead on the road and saw what I thought was a stick. As I got closer, I realized it was a snake. At probably 5ft long, it was the biggest snake that I had ever seen. Turns out it was a Pine Snake which can actually grow to almost 90 inchest in length.

At mile 8 of my run I looked ahead off to the side of the road and noticed some smaller white boxes. "Wonder what those are?" I thought. As I got closer I noticed more and more "bugs," only to realize they were bees and the white boxes were hives. My dad once had an apple orchard, so i knew they probably would bother me, as long as I didn't aggrivate them. After maxing my heartrate out to get over the next hill, I managed to get past with out any stings.


***On Sunday we raced the Tampa Bay Half Marathon. We drove over in the morning before the race in pouring rain and thunderstorms. The rain finally eased a bit and after a 30min delay, we were off in the sauna like conditions. I didn't rest much for the race, but was still happy will the result. I finished 5th overall in a time of 1:15:50. Results can be found here: http://results.active.com/pages/searchform.jsp?rsID=6323

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

In other news, I want to say congrat's to my brother, Eric. He is one of the most disciplined people that I have ever met. I has a passion for academia and it is paying off. He found out that he got into Yale Graduate School today, he hasn't decided on what he will do next year, but WAY TO GO MAN!!! I owe you a few beers next time that I am in town! I miss you!

That is all for now...

BB

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using A Swim Test Within Your Training

Ironman Texas Recap & Images

Valuing Your Time & Reach