Chocolate Milkshakes and Unicorns

Sorry to anyone that has tried to call...the first morning that I woke up down here my phone died. I have to send it back to Wisconsin and wait for a new one to be shipped down. Until then, it is email.

Yesterday was a JD's 25th and we went to Universal for a little roller coaster entertainment. We went with 2 friends of Justin, Stacy and Sara. It was quite entertaining with highlights that included cramming into a unicorn roller coaster car that was designed for 6 year old girls. The idea of going to Universal was to get to know J a little better, which was good...but next time we'll leave out the unicorns. The second highlight included returning to our car only to find a chocalate milkshake poured over the entire left side by a guy who decided that he didn't enjoy the fact the Stacy had pointed out he parked a bit too close in his tank. The best part was that he was there with his wife and two kids.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Today was the first day of training which included an 8k aerobic test at the track. Very monotonis, but I am finding that having a training partner makes the workouts that are mentally challenging a little bit easier.

The afternoon consisted of a swim TT of which I screwed up a bit by breathing bilaterally during the final 500, I didn't realize I should TT it and swim as fast as I could reguardless of my breathing pattern. The swim workout was 5x400 on 5:30 steady and then a 500 hard. I was pleased with how I didn't fatigue through the 400's. Followed the swim up with a strength session and then watched the local Y diving team rip off some impressive dives, some from the 10m platform. Tomorrow is a long run and long ride on Sunday with 2hrs of AET work.

That's all for now...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using A Swim Test Within Your Training

Ironman Texas Recap & Images

2019 Ironman Wisconsin